Are you a landlord that wishes property management was easier? Want to ditch your excel spreadsheet handcuffs? Then this podcast is for you!
Property Management can be a pain in the you-know-what, especially for individual landlords, who don’t have an extensive portfolio. There is only so much you can do with an excel sheet to ensure that all is running smoothly. There are many different software companies out there that will help institutional investors, but nothing for the individual investor or high-income W2 side-hustler.
My guest, Ryan Coon saw this need in the market and developed a property management software to fill this void. Ryan built Avail Property Management with the intention of solving landlord problems. Beyond that, he also wanted to improve the tenant-landlord relationship through efficiency.
In today’s episode, Ryan and I discuss the do’s and don’ts of property management, and how his software (which is FREE) can dramatically improve how you manage your property. From finding tenants, viewing credit history, signing leases to collecting rent — on any device, Avail will handle all those needs and more!
- Unique software, focusing on mom-and-pop landlord tenant relationships, making it easier for everyone involved.
- Entirely designed around improving the lives of DIY Landlords and making the process better.
- Diversifying his portfolio with real estate investing as property prices were crashing in 2008
- The reasons why Ryan didn’t want to pay a property management company.
- What tasks Avail takes care of for the individual landlord
- Working with first-time landlords
- Avoiding the landlord pitfalls (there can be many!)
- Making his product affordable for individual landlords (a free version, customization with the premium plan)
- Adding affiliate income through other best in class offerings to counter the free version
- Deep dive into the product functionality of Avail Property Management
- How Avail helps with the legal side of property management
- How Avail Property Management Software helps individual landlords lead a headache-free life
- Competition: Biggest competitor is excel spreadsheets
- You have to stay on top of the rules, as they are continually changing.
- A simple solution for a complex problem: The future of Avail
- You have to focus on the landlord and the tenant, for you can’t have one without the other.
- Always thinking about what’s next so you can be ahead of the curve.
- Handling Lease option scenarios
- The future functionality of Avail
Get in Touch with Ryan:
Social Media Handle: @hellovail