The real estate market today is tough, and the future is murky. However, what I do know is this: Learning how to buy and sell notes, and incorporating creative financing assets into my portfolio is the reason my business is running strong right now. That’s why I’ve brought the man, the legend, the Godfather of note investing, Eddie Speed on the show today.
Since 1980, Eddie Speed has dedicated his professional life to the seller financing and non-performing note industry. Over the years, he has introduced innovative ideas and strategies that have positively impacted the way the industry operates today.
He has been a leader and innovator in the Note Business for over 30 years. He will tell you that those 30 plus years have prepared him for the incredible opportunities of this current real estate market.
Today’s show is focused on how to maneuver through the crazy market conditions that exist today, how they will shift and change for the rest of the year, and how you can take advantage of the opportunities available through note investing. Eddie shares his unique insight, creative financing tips, and tricks and how you can learn note investing today!
- How a very young and inexperienced Eddie started in the notes business.
- Buying and selling large portfolios of notes: Family of different funds that buy and sell performing and non-performing notes.
- Every real estate investor has to have some knowledge of creative financing because it’s going to affect every transaction you come across.
- The effects of COVID-19 on the real estate market.
- The credit shortage in front of us with conventional mortgage money; it’s cheap but not available.
- The situation with hard money lending.
- Real-world situation: Hard Money Lending.
- Seller financing and the structure of a piggyback second (second lean against a hard money first loan).
- Understanding smart financing.
- Discussion of the benefits on a sample notes deal of a $100K property.
- What if you can’t get yourself out of a hard money loan: Adjustments in the guidelines.
- Buyback provisions in loans (lenders who are loaning money are going to make their criteria tighter than Fannie Mae).
- From a population percentage standpoint, how much larger is the seller finance side of things going to become?
- Legislation for seller financing. If creative financing was a 2 in the past, in the next 90 days, it’s going to be a 7. Drastic increase.
- Wealth Strategy: If you’re in this business, thinking you want to change your future. Flipping houses will not make you wealthy.
- Structure income today and residual income over time, and it’s market conditions like this that allows you that bonanza.
- How to thrive in a distressed market.
- Creating wealth through creative finance.
- More about The Note School: Why he built it, how he has helped others, and how he can help you start your creative financing career.
- The state of the real estate market today due to COVID-19 What properties are dropping prices.
- Structuring seller financing using none of your own money.
- The different creative financing strategies.
- Rewiring your brain to learn a new way to make money.
- Advice on what you can be doing today to get involved with creative financing opportunities.
- Why it’s so important to learn how to buy and sell notes right now, due to the market. It could save your business.
- Without the right mindset, there is no way of operating at 100% of your capacity.